Process Development Associate II
Assist in the design, test and implement processes, instrumentation and equipment to support manufacturing of clinical and commercial product(s). Participate in the development and evaluation of technologies to improve cost effectiveness and improved product quality. Provide assistance in engineering, design, testing and validation of equipment efforts.
- Experimentation & Development Runs – Performs experiments and development runs to evaluate potential process improvements. Makes detailed observations to assist with the analysis and interpretation of results. Assists in protocol and technical report preparation as well as data collection. Performs assays to characterize the process and demonstrate effect/impact of process improvements or new equipment.
- Equipment and Prototype Evaluations – Participates with new process/equipment design, specifications, prototyping, and evaluation/characterization. Assists in collaborations with consultants and vendors to reengineer and implement new manufacturing processes.
- Technology Transfer – Assists in streamlining procedures for compliance with regulatory standards. Assists in facilitating the efficient and cost effective transition of processes from development to manufacturing. Assists with equipment and process validation to facility technology transfer to manufacturing.
- Confidentiality – Ensure that information and documentation pertaining to Argos Therapeutics, Inc. is treated as confidential information and handled appropriately as confidential information.
- Safety – Perform all job functions and responsibilities in a safe and responsible manner. Ensure compliance of co-workers with all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Supports assay development efforts by providing test material
- Other duties as required.
- Requires a BS degree in a scientific discipline with 2-5 years related experience or a MS degree in a scientific discipline with 0 – 2 years related experience
- Basic aseptic technique required. Experience with PCR and other molecular biology techniques and/or cell culture required.
- Experience with molecular biology and/or cellular assays is preferred.
- Working knowledge of closed processing and automation is desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Flexibility on work schedules and duties.
- Ability and willingness to be regularly, predictably and reliably at work.