This is an exciting time to be joining Argos Therapeutics, a Research Triangle Park based biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of individualized immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases. The Commercialization team will be central driving the company’s success as we near the end of our first phase 3 clinical trial and prepare for commercial launch of the first Argos product for the treatment of advanced kidney cancer. Individuals joining the Argos team enjoy the excitement of an entrepreneurial environment and have the opportunity to wear many hats as we work together to deliver novel treatments for patients.
This newly created role will partner report to the Head of Commercial Strategy, and help blaze new commercialization trails that are necessary for novel individualized cell-based therapy delivery. The role combines the responsibilities of brand management with several cross-functional interfaces necessary to ensure a successful launch. This role with help build an integrated marketing plan that will include a robust disease state and brand campaign consisting of disease educational programming, opinion leader development, product positioning, promotional message, multi-channel marketing and strong partnership with our field team to ensure strong execution. Other responsibilities include agency management, speaker bureau development, budget management, congress planning, competitive intelligence, market research and forecasting.
This role is perfect for the person who thrives in a “start-up” type of environment, rolling up their sleeves to work on a variety of initiatives, creating key interventions to move key brand levers to drive uptake amongst the oncology health care community and the patients that we serve.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise market research and competitive intelligence in support of launch plan
- Write the integrated brand plan/product launch plan in collaboration with other key functions
- Develop and supervise key HCP and patient initiatives to support brand/company objectives
- Liaise with key stakeholders in identified centers of excellence as well as key opinion leaders
- Write RFP and manage selection of the agency of record
- Manage all support agency execution within pre-specified timelines and budget
- Provide thorough understanding of the competitive environment in order to create sustainable brand strategies and adapt tactics as the marketplace evolves
- Maintain strong partnership and relationship with commercial field sales teams to align on strategic objectives and to ensure execution of the brand plan
- Plan and execute advisory boards with key customer segments.
- Foster productive cross functional relationships with medical, legal, regulatory, manufacturing, QA, R+D team members
- Education: A minimum of a B.A./B.S. required; MBA or other related advanced degree strongly preferred
- Experience: A minimum of 8 years of sales and marketing experience (at least 5 years marketing) in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Oncology marketing experience required
- Oncology product launch experience in past 5 years strongly preferred
- Immunotherapy and/or GU cancer marketing experience desirable
- Direct-report leadership experience preferred
- Supervision of agencies experience required
- Proven ability to develop exceptional relationships and to achieve positive impact without authority. Track record of working within and leading cross-functional teams with strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong business analytics, customer insights development and experience linking these to core marketing levers to meet brand objectives
demonstrated ability to operate in the highly regulated pharmaceutical environment within compliant promotional review processes
- Organizational Skills: Strong organization and project management skills ensuring achievement of milestones on time and on-budget.
- Results Driven Self-starter: takes initiative and consistently delivers results of the highest quality, takes accountability for one’s work, has a sense of urgency, overcomes hurdles and ensures that results are delivered. Needs only limited supervision, and yet knows when to seek help, input or review from others.
- Collaboration: Seeks insights from others in the interest of a better outcome, is a team player with leader and colleagues; keeps others abreast of what is going on, asks for input, provides help when asked and offers when not asked
- Flexible and Versatile: able and willing to roll up one’s sleeves and work on anything that needs to be accomplished. Comfortable with ambiguity and limited established paths, and the creativity and drive that recognizes the opportunity in blazing new trails.
- Small-company experience and/or rare disease and/or speciality marketing savvy is strongly preferred
- Technology Proficiency Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Power Point, Word; social media savvy; digital marketing experience. IMS Xponent (or similar) and claims database analytical knowledge/familiarity.