ARGOS IS GROWING!
After having met several important milestones including exciting clinical data, we are poised for new strategic objectives which will require significant new resources. Those new resources include a well-qualified Assay Development Scientist.
This scientist is required to have extensive experience involving analytical characterization of nucleic acids such as DNA and RNA using basic as well as advanced assays. Experience with synthesis, extraction, isolation and handling of nucleic acids is mandatory. The scientist will support development, characterization, assay integration as well as conduct technology transfer for testing activities. The expected result will be fully qualified assays ready for technology transfer and validation. The candidate is expected to have knowledge in molecular biology and ability to perform and develop molecular assays including, but not limited to, denaturing and non-denaturing gel electrophoresis, restriction digests, hybridization-based detection and Real-Time PCR methods. Critical thinking and analysis of data will be central to all aspects of this position.
- Conduct hands-on laboratory research activities involving assay development for nucleic acid in-process and release testing.
- Optimize and qualify the assay to prepare for technology transfer and validation.
- Contribute to design of new biological assays.
- Document work in lab notebooks, prepare reports and present data.
- Author documents supporting technology transfer such as technical reports, SOPs and draft of test methods.
- Oversee the technology transfer and implementation of assays in receiving departments.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field with 2-3 years industrial experience.
- 1-2 years expertise in RNA handling is required.
- Significant experience with basic and advance molecular biology techniques including Northern Blot assay and Real Time PCR based methods.
- Working knowledge of method qualification/development or validation for testing of DNA and RNA.
- Strong analytical skills for method/assay development are required.
- Prior experience working in a biopharmaceutical product development environment and familiarity with GMPs and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Excellent time and project management skills, ability to oversee several projects simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to be regularly, predictably and reliably at work.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits. For confidential consideration, please submit a resume with a cover letter and salary history.
No phone calls please.
Argos Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.