ARGOS IS GROWING!
After having met several important milestones including exciting clinical data, we are poised for new strategic objectives, which will require significant new resources. Those new resources include a well qualified Head of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations.
Responsible for all aspects of Argos’ corporate communications and investor relations program including forming and executing communications and investor relations strategy, shaping and effectively communicating the company’s strategy and broader strategic direction of the corporation, and establishing and maintaining the company’s relationship with key analysts and the investment community.
- Work collaboratively with the executive management team to drive, develop and implement corporate communications and investor relations strategies and key messages supporting all corporate communications and investor information, including managing the flow of all information between the corporation, shareholders, the financial community and all media outlets
- Work with CEO to develop and implement a program to expand and strengthen Argos’ shareholder base as well as develop a proactive strategy to cover both sell-side analysts and target appropriate buy-side firms
- Establish strong relationships with analysts, fund managers, money managers, brokers and shareholders
- Organize conferences, road shows, earnings conference calls and investor meetings
- Develop all investor relations-related communications such as investor presentations and/or materials including maintenance of the Investor Relations portion of the website
- Develop and execute proactive corporate communications programs to build awareness of Argos’ business and ensure the company’s key messages are communicated
- Advise company executives on effective messaging and reputation-building strategies, such as media opportunities, speaking invitations, and participation in community/industry groups
- Serve as a primary spokesperson and effectively represent the company, demonstrating a deep understanding of the business and quick decision-making skills
- Develop and strengthen constructive relationships with relevant media channels, particularly with top tier reporters and editors
- Use new media strategies to build the company’s reputation and communicate key messages
- Monitor and analyze news coverage of the company, as well as the industry and relevant news
- Draft, review and approve all news releases and other corporate communications
- 5+ years’ experience in investor relations, corporate communications, finance, corporate development or related experience in biotech industry, with previous investor relations experience in biotech industry required
- Strong scientific background; PhD preferred
- Proven ability to build a network of contacts and relationships; outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with individuals/investors at all levels
- Excellent written communication skills and oral presentation ability, as well as the ability to forge successful relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Previous experience working with senior executives, a board of directors and investors.
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media
- Ability to master the company’s technology and business strategy, as well as develop a deep knowledge of relevant biotechnology companies and technologies
- Skilled in serving as spokesperson for a firm
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical and strategic thinker
We offer a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits. For confidential consideration, please submit a resume with a cover letter and salary history.
No phone calls please.
Argos Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.