Argos Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of fully personalized immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases based on its Arcelis™ technology platform. Using biological components from each patient, Arcelis-based immunotherapies employ the patient’s dendritic cells to activate an immune response specific to the patient’s disease. After having met several important milestones including exciting clinical data, we are poised for new strategic objectives which will require significant new resources.
This individual will be carrying out research and/or development work to support commercialization of an immunotherapy product. The individual will contribute to the data generation in support of regulatory filings supporting approval and label expansion of the product.
- Utilize existing procedures and apply existing knowledge to RNA amplification to meet new experimental objectives. Modify the existing procedures as needed.
- Participate in the development of methods and testing of non-clinical and clinical samples to gather research data toward the understanding of the immunotherapy mechanism of action.
- Conduct supporting work in the development of new assays for testing of RNA component.
- Track test samples and document experimental data.
- Trend data and create summaries of completed work.
- Test the feasibility of application of very complex scientific principles and concepts to potentially improve the process or testing method and to solve problems.
- Perform other duties as required.
- MS degree in a scientific discipline with minimum 2 years related experience, or BS degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Candidate must have working experience with advanced molecular biology techniques and latest developments in working with PCR, cloning, RNA based methods, such as RNA isolation, Northern blotting, RT-PCR etc.
- Working knowledge of Protein analysis via SDS PAGE and Western blot analysis, assay for concentration determination and simple protein manipulations.
- Demonstrated record of cleanly executed experiments and efficient troubleshooting.
- Able to test novel protocols, write procedures and implement them into practice.
- Must have working knowledge of data processing tools at NCBI such as BLAST, Entrez, PubMed and DNA sequencing software(s).
- Team player and demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of initiative and attention to detail.
- Industry experience required.