ARGOS IS GROWING!
After having met several important milestones including exciting clinical data, we are poised for new strategic objectives which will require significant new resources. Those new resources include a well-qualified Control Systems Lead.
The Control Systems Lead is responsible for integration and support of the existing Rockwell FactoryTalk PharmaSuite (FTPS) Manufacturing Execution System (MES) with new systems including: Siemens PLC’s used in the automated processing platforms, Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Primary duties include working with suppliers to become the in-house control system expert, improve standards and procedures to ensure systems are properly maintained, manage PLC hardware and related software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customization of the product. Perform all essential functions and responsibilities in accordance with the company’s values and beliefs and in alignment with company policies.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, the desire to work on a collaborative team, and a passion for creative thinking and problem solving. Individual will monitor the progress of workflow between project teams, consultants and contractors. The top priority of the Control Systems Lead is to ensure the MES is integrated with the automated processing platforms.
- Work with Argos automation team, recipe authors, validation, and suppliers to integrate existing Rockwell FTPS with automated processing platform PLC’s
- Communicate with subcontractors, teammates and internal customers regarding specifications, status, issues, etc
- Provide quality reviews for completeness and adherence to approved standards for all specifications, programming, and data input
- Create and revise lifecycle documentation for control systems including requirements, specifications, and testing documents
- Assist with commissioning and validation execution of control systems
- Liaison between software vendors, IT, and technical support groups
- Develop and maintain Argos MES and PLC standards and procedures
- Coordinate services with internal & external project leaders
- Remain abreast of advancing technology and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned. These will include participation in ERP system integration, LIMS selection and implementation, and other systems required for commercial operations
- Minimum 6 years related experience with control system integration in a pharmaceutical/ biotech environment or equivalent
- Experience with Rockwell FactoryTalk PharmaSuite (Production Centre), SIMATIC S7-1500 PLC’s, and SIMATIC Comfort Panel HMI/OIT is a plus
- Working practical knowledge of ISA-88 and ISA-95 is required, ISA Certified Automation Professional (CAP), or equivalent, is a plus
- Strong communication skills, highly motivated with strong work ethic and high integrity
- Positive Attitude with proven problem solving, adaptive learning and time management skills
- Flexible to work schedules and duties
- Knowledge of cGMPs, applicable standard practices and regulatory guidances
- Ability and willingness to be regularly, predictably and reliably at work
We offer a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits. For confidential consideration, please submit a resume with a cover letter and salary history.
No phone calls please.
Argos Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.