ARGOS IS GROWING!
After having met several important milestones including exciting clinical data, we are poised for new strategic objectives which will require significant new resources. Those new resources include a well-qualified Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant is directly responsible for all monthly accounting close processes. This includes preparing all account reconciliations and complying with SOX internal controls. This position plays a key role in the accounting and reporting of the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. A thorough understanding of US GAAP and a focus on continuous improvement is required.
The Senior Accountant will have experience with the general ledger, various accounting / financial reports, auditing and banking activities, month/year-end closing duties and solid Excel and accounting software proficiency.
The Senior Accountant is expected to function at a high level of expertise & competency and is expected to use sound judgment while producing consistent results. Problem solving and initiative, with a strong desire to analyze, investigate, and resolve are essential elements for success in this position.
- Complete month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing responsibilities including journal entries, review of expenses, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare account analyses and reconciliations of general ledger and specific balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Assist in researching reporting matters, accounting principles and financial reporting rules.
- Maintain and administer fixed asset schedules including depreciation and capital additions\disposal records; reconcile to general ledger.
- Assist in preparation for annual audit. Prepare supporting schedules and documentation. Assist external auditors as needed.
- Prepare NIH contract invoices and coordinate the submission and reimbursement of subcontractor expenses.
- Provide schedules and information as requested by external tax professionals in conjunction with preparation of tax provision and corporate income tax returns.
- Manage and ensure accuracy/compliance of other tax filings (i.e. sales & use tax and property tax returns).
- Prepare and execute Sarbanes-Oxley test plans. Participate and administer internal control compliance activities.
- Work closely with both Payroll and Accounts Payable.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist with new system implementation.
- Assist with analysis, reporting and projects as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned based on business needs and requirements.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Business, or related field of study (or equivalent). 5 - 8 years of accounting/finance experience.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations. Two or more years of big 4 public accounting and CPA certification is strongly preferred.
- Fixed asset experience desired.
- Cost accounting experience desired.
- Experience with integrated ERP and financial reporting systems; experience with SAP is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Advanced MS Excel skills are preferred.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, analytical and decision making skills, and the ability to collaborate cross functionally.
- Solid attention to details, with the capability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities while resolving problems quickly to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of employees within the company is a must.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits. For confidential consideration, please submit a resume with a cover letter and salary history.
No phone calls please.
Argos Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.