Return to Job Listings
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST
To drive the development and evaluation of product improvements highlighted
by Research. To test, optimize, and define cGMP compliant product improvements
in favor of developing formal procedures ready for transfer to Manufacturing.
• Designs and performs experiments based upon protocols defined in research,
makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
• Implements new methods, procedures, and techniques for solving specific
defined product development problems, with support from Director of Product Development
• Presents experimental results in both a written and oral manner, and
reports results to Director of Product Development in a form such that proper
experimental interpretation can be made.
• Generates data summaries, and technical reports.
• Designs and defines streamlined procedures for compliance with regulatory
• Prepares standard operating procedures and associated documentation to
• Conduct assigned experiments following proper laboratory techniques as
assigned by Director of Product Development.
• Provide supervision to other Product Development staff as appropriate.
• Conduct routine literature searches, and keep current by reading scientific
literature concerning the research project under investigation to be generally
informed in trends in research, and areas of interest to the company.
• Cooperate with scientists throughout the company to be aware of other
research activities, and the relationship to assigned projects.
• Performs other duties as required.
• BS degree in cell biology with 5-8 years experience in cellular immunology
in a biotech setting, or PhD in immunology with 2-5 years experience.
• Experience with primary human leukocyte cell culture, particularly with
dendritic cells, is preferred.
• Must be familiar with immunoassays, especially ELISpot, ELISA, CTL, and
• Familiarity with immunological concepts that support vaccine development.
• Basic understanding and experience with composing cGMP compliant documentation.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are required; will be working
with input from within Research, as well as QA.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to operate a recent version of MS Office software, including
Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be able to maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits.
For confidential consideration, please
a resume with a cover letter and salary
Argos Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.