Return to Job Listings
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
This individual will be responsible for initiating and executing of pre-clinical research and/or development work to implement and improve on Dendritic cell based therapy.
• Participate in development of advanced DC-based therapy for treatment of cancer and viral infections.
• Collaborate with scientists throughout the Company to be aware of other research activities and their relationship to assigned projects.
• Test the feasibility of applying of very complex scientific principles and concepts to potentially improve the process or product and to solve problems.
• Propose new methods and procedures for generating and/or testing molecular component of the immunotherapy.
• Work on adopting implemented procedures and protocols to be compliant with QA requirements and regulatory standards.
• Develop test methods aimed at testing the quality of generated product.
• Conduct routine literature searches and keep current by reading scientific literature concerning the research project under investigation to be generally informed in trends in research and areas of interest to the company.
• With the supervisor´s guidance begin to develop skills aimed toward directing activities of other personnel.
• Perform other duties as required.
• MS degree in a scientific discipline with 2-5 years or related experience, or BS degree in a scientific discipline with 5-8 years related experience.
• Candidates must have working experience with molecular biology techniques, such as Real Time PCR, Northern blotting and other RNA techniques. Experience with advanced Molecular biology techniques is preferred.
• Working knowledge of DNA sequence processing software such as Lasargene, Vector MTI or equivalent.
• Must be a team player and demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• High level of initiative and attention to detail.
• Industry experience preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits.
For confidential consideration, please
a resume with a cover letter and salary
No phone calls please.
Argos Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.