Return to Job Listings
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE — Molecular Biology
Responsible for generation of raw material for clinical program. Continually develop and evaluate product improvements in vaccine manufacturing program.
• Performs experiments based upon protocols defined in Research, makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
• Presents experimental results in both written and oral manner, reports results to RNA Development Scientist in a form such that proper experimental interpretation can be done.
• Prepares protocol amendments and optimization.
• Generates data summaries and technical reports.
• Suggests new methods, procedures, techniques and tests for solving specific product development problems with the support of Research group.
• Assists in streamlining procedures for cGMP compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Conducts assigned experiments following proper laboratory techniques as assigned by supervisor.
• Conducts routine literature searches and keeps current with relevant literature.
• Cooperates with scientists throughout the company to be aware of other research activities and the relationship to the assigned projects.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelors degree in Molecular Biology or related discipline with 2-5 years related experience, or Masters degree with 0-2 years related experience.
• Experience with basic molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, Northern blot analysis, cloning and work involving RNA is required. Familiarity with advanced molecular biology techniques is preferred.
• Desired candidates will have biotech industry experience.
• Knowledge of GMP concepts and work with controlled documentation preferred.
• Good interpersonal skills are critical; will be working with input from within Research as well as QA.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills very important.
• Ability to operate a recent version of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be willing to maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits.
For confidential consideration, please
a resume with a cover letter and salary
Argos Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.