Return to Job Listings
SCIENTIST – MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
This individual will be responsible for initiating and executing of pre-clinical research and/or development work to implement and improve on Dendritic cell based vaccine. Facilitate technology transfer of the developed methods to Manufacturing environment.
• Responsible for developing methods to advance DC-based vaccine technology in treatment of cancer and viral infections.
• Initiates, directs and executes all pre-clinical scientific research and or development strategies.
• Uses professional concepts and company’s policies to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
• Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems.
• Facilitates the technology transfer to the manufacturing environment.
• Authors technical documents such as Technical Reports, protocols, presentations to technical groups.
• Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature in the area of research and areas of interest to the company.
• Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Cooperates with scientists throughout the company to be aware of other research activities and their relationship to assigned projects.
• At the request of the Molecular Biology Director, may be required to direct activities of personnel at research associate and research assistant/lab tech levels.
• Makes major contribution to scientific literature and conferences.
• Other duties as required.
• M.S. in molecular biology or a related scientific discipline and 5-8 years of related work experience or Ph.D. in a scientific discipline with 2-5 years of experience in a research or development environment. May require post doctoral experience.
• Industry experience required.
• Must have demonstrated work experience with all molecular biology techniques, especially with RNA. Work experience with advanced molecular biology techniques is preferred.
• Must demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
• Background in immunology is preferred.
• Must possess the ability and desire to function well in a team environment and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication skills and initiative.
• Basic understanding and experience with composing cGMP compliant documentation.
• Ability to operate a recent version of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be willing to maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits.
For confidential consideration, please
a resume with a cover letter and salary
No phone calls please.
Argos Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.