Return to Job Listings
SCIENTIST, MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
ARGOS IS GROWING!
After having met several important milestones including exciting clinical data, we are poised for new strategic objectives which will require new resources. We are currently searching for a well-qualified Scientist in our Research and Development group.
This individual will be carrying out research and/or development work to support manufacturing process of immunotherapy product and contribute to the understanding of its mechanism of action. The product is currently undergoing testing in clinical trials.
• Responsible for developing methods to advance immunotherapy production and quality control.
• Executes pre-clinical scientific research and/or development strategies.
• Conducts assays to further understand mechanism of action of Argos immunotherapies.
• Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems.
• Authors technical documents such as Technical Reports, protocols, presentations to technical groups.
• Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature in the area of research and areas of interest to the company.
• Cooperates with scientists throughout the company to be aware of other research activities and their relationship to assigned projects.
• Upon request, effectively directs activities of personnel at research associate and research assistant/lab tech levels.
• Makes contribution to scientific literature and conferences.
Other duties as required.
• M.S. in molecular biology or a related scientific discipline and 5-8 years of related work experience, or a Ph.D. in a scientific discipline with 0 to 2 years of experience in a research or development environment.
• Candidates must have working experience with all molecular biology techniques, and knowledge of advanced molecular biology techniques especially with RNA.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
• Must possess the ability and desire to function well in a team environment and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication skills and initiative.
• Ability and willingness to be regularly, predictably and reliably at work.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits.
For confidential consideration, please
a resume with a cover letter and salary
No phone calls please.
Argos Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.